Thursday, October 4, 2012

Luxurious Modern Master Bath


I had the opportunity in the last few months to be the project manager on this stunning master bath remodeling project.  The last remodel was poorly executed and a little disappointing for the new homeowners given the beauty of the bare bones of the space.  The cabinet plan was drawn by Donna Snover of Design Phase, who listened very carefully to my ideas and the ideas of the homeowner and came up with this lovely vanity layout.  I asked our cabinet maker George Lamons to use walnut for this project as I wanted the drama of the dark cabinetry against the chocolate floor tile.  I choose a gorgeous marble called Creama Marfil with a high polish for the countertops and 9" backsplash.


My homeowner had not yet moved to Johnson City and was forced to approve my choices on her phone from this photo.  I think there was a lot of deep breathing involved.


Before


During the tear out.


After


Before....doesn't look too bad here, but you should have seen it in person.


During.....JD Shelton.  What an artist!


During


Close up of the crackled glass tile that we used.


Pretty new sconce for light.


So lovely in person.


Mom's retreat.  



Look how beautifully the light comes through the glass shelves and hit the polished nickel faucet.  Ahh.....


I love the rectangular sinks in this vanity.  Perfect with the design.


Beautiful execution by a great team of people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment